Pages

Prints Please!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

While I typically go for traditional and classic home design, recently I have fallen in love with cheery and whimsical prints.  Oftentimes inexpensive, these colourful art pieces would add a pop to your walls and hopefully a bit of merriness to your day.  I've been pinterest-ing excessively and have stumbled across these adorable prints.

The Budget Buys:

balloon ride print

Pepe's Key West water-colour print

Italian landscape San Ginesio, Macerata print

pale pink cockatoo print

lemons to lemonade print

dancing bear print


The Mid-Range Options:

tall tale. tall turban. print

Paris print

tropical alocasia print

Afrique print

still life with urn print
That last one comes from an artist named Caitlin McGauley.  I absolutely cannot get enough of her work.  She's created images for many prominent designers (like Tory Burch and Kate Spade) and also has a really inspirational blog.


The Expensive Ones: (Okay, I know.  These aren't technically prints but I'm including them anyways.)

adjusting her strap mixed media on canvas

geraniums in provence oil on canvas

I adore art.  Art, in all its forms, moves its audience like nothing else can.  These pieces transport me to a "happy place," however cheesy it is to say that.  What inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs